- Two of my former students are working on a project to help you get ready for middle school.
- Coming up this week:
- TODAY at 10:00am: Mystery Science LIVE with astronaut Jessica Meir, who just returned from space last month! Optional.
- TODAY from 1:00-2:00pm: Individual Math help on Zoom with Mr. Sasse. Send Mr. Sasse a chat message for the Zoom link. Mr. Sasse will screen-share with you to help you on your math. Optional.
- Friday at 9:30am: Zoom with a middle-schooler! Zoom with some of my former students who are in middle school now and ask them questions about what middle school is like. Optional.
- Friday at 11:00am: Fun Friday! Let’s play some morning meeting games. We’ll chat with each other, do a mad-lib, and play hangman. Fun hangout. Optional.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE CAUGHT UP TO PAGE 233 IN IVAN BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEO!
- This is the actual TV news story that made people get upset about Ivan. This video shows the real Ivan, the real Mack, the real George, and the real Mall, as well as Ivan in his domain. Watch the video two times.
- Video of Ivan
- Discussion questions
Grammar & ELD
- There’s no school on Monday.
- ORCHESTRA STUDENTS: Directions From Mrs. Hayhurst:Please return your instrument to Columbus on Tuesday, May 26th! Please respect social distancing guidelines and also wear a facemask. Enter through the parking lot gates, drive to the auditorium where we will collect the instrument, and you will then be able to drive off campus. See attached schedule for drop-off:
9:00 am String Ensemble and 5th Grade Beginning Violin Students – (17)
10:00 am Violin Class 4th Grade Students – (17)
11:00 am Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, and Baritone Students – (18))
12:00 pm -1:00 pm Students/families who cannot come earlier